If you have finished having children and breastfeeding, your body may not have bounced back to its former appearance. If you have tried exercise and diet to little effect, then a mommy makeover may be your best option. Mommy makeover is the common name for a combination of cosmetic surgeries that may help return your breasts, abdomen and face to their pre-pregnancy appearance.
What Is Included in a Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are custom designed for each person. You can discuss your goals with our cosmetic surgeon and choose the procedures that address your concerns. The main surgical procedures included in many mommy makeovers are:
• Breast lift
• Breast augmentation (implants)
• Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
What Are the Benefits of a Mommy Makeover?
Some of the common results of pregnancy are sagging breasts and flabby abdominal muscles. These do not disappear with exercise and diet and may require cosmetic help. You will have your own goals, but some of the common benefits are:
• Breast augmentation that may include restoring volume to breasts, correcting sagging, improving the symmetry and repairing enlarged areolas or nipples.
• Tighten flabbiness and remove excess skin in the abdomen and repairing separated or stretched abdominal muscles.
• Removing fat that does not move after diet and exercise.
The results may be that you look better in a bathing suit and your clothing.
When Is the Best Time to Have a Mommy Makeover?
When you express your goals to our cosmetic surgeon, you can choose the timing for your mommy makeover. Some things to consider are:
• You should wait for at least six months after delivery and breastfeeding. Your body needs to be recovered completely from childbirth and your breasts need to find their permanent position.
• Some of the non-surgical treatments may not be recommended if you are still breastfeeding.
• We recommend that you are finished childbearing. No abdominoplasty can withstand another pregnancy. If you happen to get pregnant, you will need more surgery after delivery to regain the results of your previous surgeries and the second time may not be as good as the first. You can get good results from non-surgical treatments if you plan to have more children.
What Is the Recovery Like?
A surgical mommy makeover requires some serious recovery time. The length of time will depend on the procedures you have. You will need help for the first few weeks after surgery and will not be able to lift anything, even a child that weighs more than five to 10 pounds.
Call or visit Southwest Michigan Plastic and Hand Surgery in Portage or Battle Creek to learn more about mommy makeovers and start to plan how you will regain your pre-pregnancy figure. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!