Dr. Raghu Elluru
Thank you for visiting my website, and for checking out my training and experience! As a board-certified plastic surgeon, and co-founder and partner at the former Great Lakes Plastic and Hand Surgery practice, I’ve been blessed to have met thousands of men and women in Southwest Michigan who are seeking state-of-the-art plastic surgery and non-surgical enhancements. I’m privileged to be part of an excellent medical community, and proud to use my extensive training to help you enhance the way you look and feel about yourself. I understand that the decision to have cosmetic surgery is an important one and cannot be taken lightly. I balance understanding, open, honest communication, and precise surgical techniques to offer individualized solutions tailored to each of my patients’ needs. With each patient, I aim to provide the highest level of patient satisfaction by achieving as natural and harmonious a result as possible.
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas before earning my medical doctorate from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. A five-year General Surgery residency followed at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. I then pursued a two-year fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, also at the Indiana University Medical Center. At Indiana University, I was privileged to study under nationally recognized surgeons to refine my skills in Hand Surgery, Microsurgery, Burn Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery.
I had extensive exposure to all aspects of reconstructive surgery at University Hospital, Riley Children’s Hospital and Wishard Burn Institute, which serve as a referral center for the entire state of Indiana, as well as neighboring states. I also received significant exposure to aesthetic surgery at the Perkins Cosmetic Institute in Indianapolis before completing a one-year fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the Christine Kleinert Institute in Louisville, Kentucky, considered one of the best hand surgery training centers in the world.
Whether you are considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure, you need to be confident that your surgeon has the training and credentials to meet your needs. I am board certified in plastic and hand surgery, and consistently maintain my knowledge base by regularly attending scientific meetings through the following organizations, of which I am a member:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine
My Commitment to Complete Care
A quality plastic surgeon works to build lifelong relationships with his patients through open, honest communication, a compassionate bedside manner, and a desire to deliver superior surgical outcomes. I will take the time to understand your situation fully before crafting a surgical plan to fulfill your unique goals and desires. Because it’s my goal to provide thoughtful, attentive, and personal care to each patient, I make myself available to answer questions at every stage of your procedure.
My family and I have called Southwest Michigan our home since 1998. When I am not working with my plastic surgery patients, I enjoy spending time with my wife and four children at our home in Kalamazoo. I am an active member of a local church, and my hobbies include running, biking, boating, playing golf, and skiing.
Alisa N. Geyer Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Alisa has been in the skin care industry for nearly 20 years. She has lived and travelled extensively around the world before returning to her home state of Michigan. After college, she became passionate about wanting to heal herself from hormonal cystic acne that had plagued her since her teenage years. She attended a medical aesthetics program in Washington state and has been working in various aspects of the industry ever since. She is well versed in ethnic skin types, specializes in acne and loves helping her clients’ skin become more resilient against signs of aging. Alisa has become certified in yoga (focus on yoga for the face), is Eden Energy medicine certified, and a health coach. She believes in holistic health of the body and skin as a whole and enjoys educating her clients in all aspects of health and wellness. When Alisa is not in the treatment room you can find her in her art studio, exploring nature with her beloved rescue dog, Nesha, or singing, playing her guitar and performing her music at house concerts.
Aubrey Kohn, Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Meet Aubrey! She has been a licensed esthetician since 2012 and has over 15 years of experience in makeup artistry. After falling in love with her fun-loving clients and the transformative process of makeup, she decided to pursue esthetics to address beauty concerns on a deeper level. With her many years of experience working in spas, Aubrey loves customizing each treatment to fit her guest’s individual needs as well as incorporating relaxation techniques for a multi-faceted approach. She specializes in facials, chemical peels, RF microneedling, IPL laser and more. When she’s not at work, Aubrey enjoys visiting Lake Michigan, relaxing with her cat and watching retro horror movies.
Brooke McNally, RMA
Brooke is our Registered Medical Assistant here at SWMPHS. She is here to guide you through your cosmetic journey from your first consultation to your follow up appointments. After highschool, Brooke immediately knew she wanted to pursue her interests in the medical field to change patient’s lives. She has over 10 years experience working in healthcare, dermatology and plastic surgery and has fostered a deep passion for aesthetic medicine. She loves seeing the transformation process and caring empathically for her patients along the way. Booke is currently continuing her education in nursing at Kalamazoo Valley College. In her free time, Brooke enjoys camping and going to the beach with husband and daughter.
Brianna Day, Practice Concierge
Brianna has been bringing excellence to the cosmetic and skincare industry since 2015. She has extensive experience with L’oreal which bolstered her skin care and customer service skills. Since a young age, Brianna has fostered a passion for all things beauty; focusing her efforts on educating her clients to help them achieve their goals to help them feel like their most beautiful self! Being a Kalamazoo, Michigan native, Brianna loves spending time with her friends and family on the lake and catching live music performances.
Why Choose SWMPHS?
People choose my practice from among the many plastic surgeons in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Portage for many reasons, including the following:
- Clinical Research: During my training, I performed numerous research studies on a range of topics in plastic and hand surgery. Many of these articles have been published in national peer-reviewed journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Annals of Plastic Surgery. I have presented this research at multiple scientific meetings all over the country.
- Medical Authority: I am actively involved in the medical community through many local and state medical organizations and am a former president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine. I enjoy teaching and am actively involved in resident and medical student teaching. I hold an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor at Michigan State University as well as Western Michigan School of Medicine. I am a mentor to numerous medical students who have an interest in becoming plastic surgeons. I believe strongly in the concept of helping young people realize their full potential.
- Community Involvement: I am passionate about improving healthcare in this area and works through state medical organizations to change healthcare policy in the hopes of expanding patients’ access to quality healthcare. As president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine, I led a capital drive to raise monies to build a home for a deserving local family with medical needs. I also helped lead a local effort to ban smoking in public places such as restaurants and bars. Because of my involvement in the medical community and my skills as a Southwest Michigan cosmetic surgeon, I was asked to participate in a Michigan version of Extreme Makeover. I received news coverage for performing life-transforming plastic surgery for two area women.
- Personal Compassion: I view the doctor-patient relationship as a lifelong bond. I communicate honestly and openly with patients to help them select satisfying, elegant solutions that create the changes they would like to see.
For More Info
To find out more about your options for plastic surgery and non-surgical anti-aging options, click here to request a consultation, or call our office at 269-280-2311. To meet our patients’ needs, we have one location to serve you: 7971 Moorsbridge in Portage.