Meet Dr. Raghu Elluru
Thank you for visiting my website, and for checking out my training and experience! As a board-certified plastic surgeon, and co-founder and partner at the former Great Lakes Plastic and Hand Surgery practice, I’ve been blessed to have met thousands of men and women in Southwest Michigan who are seeking state-of-the-art plastic surgery and non-surgical enhancements. I’m privileged to be part of an excellent medical community, and proud to use my extensive training to help you enhance the way you look and feel about yourself. I understand that the decision to have cosmetic surgery is an important one and cannot be taken lightly. I balance understanding, open, honest communication, and precise surgical techniques to offer individualized solutions tailored to each of my patients’ needs. With each patient, I aim to provide the highest level of patient satisfaction by achieving as natural and harmonious a result as possible.
I received my Bachelor of Arts degree from Austin College in Sherman, Texas before earning my medical doctorate from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. A five-year General Surgery residency followed at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. I then pursued a two-year fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, also at the Indiana University Medical Center. At Indiana University, I was privileged to study under nationally recognized surgeons to refine my skills in Hand Surgery, Microsurgery, Burn Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery.
I had extensive exposure to all aspects of reconstructive surgery at University Hospital, Riley Children’s Hospital and Wishard Burn Institute, which serve as a referral center for the entire state of Indiana, as well as neighboring states. I also received significant exposure to aesthetic surgery at the Perkins Cosmetic Institute in Indianapolis before completing a one-year fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the Christine Kleinert Institute in Louisville, Kentucky, considered one of the best hand surgery training centers in the world.
Whether you are considering a cosmetic or reconstructive procedure, you need to be confident that your surgeon has the training and credentials to meet your needs. I am board certified in plastic and hand surgery, and consistently maintain my knowledge base by regularly attending scientific meetings through the following organizations, of which I am a member:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine
My Commitment to Complete Care
A quality plastic surgeon works to build lifelong relationships with his patients through open, honest communication, a compassionate bedside manner, and a desire to deliver superior surgical outcomes. I will take the time to understand your situation fully before crafting a surgical plan to fulfill your unique goals and desires. Because it’s my goal to provide thoughtful, attentive, and personal care to each patient, I make myself available to answer questions at every stage of your procedure.
My family and I have called Southwest Michigan our home since 1998. When I am not working with my plastic surgery patients, I enjoy spending time with my wife and four children at our home in Kalamazoo. I am an active member of a local church, and my hobbies include running, biking, boating, playing golf, and skiing.
Why Choose SWMPHS?
People choose my practice from among the many plastic surgeons in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Portage for many reasons, including the following:
- Clinical Research: During my training, I performed numerous research studies on a range of topics in plastic and hand surgery. Many of these articles have been published in national peer-reviewed journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Annals of Plastic Surgery. I have presented this research at multiple scientific meetings all over the country.
- Medical Authority: I am actively involved in the medical community through many local and state medical organizations and am a former president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine. I enjoy teaching and am actively involved in resident and medical student teaching. I hold an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor at Michigan State University as well as Western Michigan School of Medicine. I am a mentor to numerous medical students who have an interest in becoming plastic surgeons. I believe strongly in the concept of helping young people realize their full potential.
- Community Involvement: I am passionate about improving healthcare in this area and works through state medical organizations to change healthcare policy in the hopes of expanding patients’ access to quality healthcare. As president of the Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine, I led a capital drive to raise monies to build a home for a deserving local family with medical needs. I also helped lead a local effort to ban smoking in public places such as restaurants and bars. Because of my involvement in the medical community and my skills as a Southwest Michigan cosmetic surgeon, I was asked to participate in a Michigan version of Extreme Makeover. I received news coverage for performing life-transforming plastic surgery for two area women.
- Personal Compassion: I view the doctor-patient relationship as a lifelong bond. I communicate honestly and openly with patients to help them select satisfying, elegant solutions that create the changes they would like to see.
Meet Our Team
Ashton Lohrke, R.N.
Ashton Lohrke is a licensed registered nurse with a lifelong passion for medical aesthetics and plastic surgery. She worked as an emergency room nurse for many years before transitioning into aesthetic nursing. She received her botulinum toxin and dermal filler certifications from the AAFE (The American Academy of Facial Esthetics), and is a member of both the AAFE and ISPAN (International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Nurses). With an active mind, Ashton continually pursues additional opportunities for advancing her aesthetic nursing education and is currently working on completing her masters degree in nursing. Additionally, she has received advanced training and education to provide a wide variety of platelet rich plasma aesthetic services. Ashton possesses a deep commitment to client care through safe nursing practice. She has been recognized for her excellent communication skills and her ability to build a strong rapport with her clients. Through shared decision making, Ashton works diligently to understand her clients’ unique aesthetic goals and creates a customized treatment plan for each client. Building on her past experiences, Ashton looks forward to growing with Dr. Elluru and his team at Southwest Michigan Plastic and Hand Surgery. She lives in the Battle Creek area with her husband, three dogs, one cat, and five chickens. When not in the office, Ashton enjoys being outdoors, working on creative home projects, traveling in her RV, and spending time with her husband.
Alisa N. Geyer
Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Alisa has been in the skin care industry for nearly 20 years. She has lived and travelled extensively around the world before returning to her home state of Michigan. After college, she became passionate about wanting to heal herself from hormonal cystic acne that had plagued her since her teenage years. She attended a medical aesthetics program in Washington state and has been working in various aspects of the industry ever since. She is well versed in ethnic skin types, specializes in acne and loves helping her clients’ skin become more resilient against signs of aging. Alisa has become certified in yoga (focus on yoga for the face), is Eden Energy medicine certified, and a health coach. She believes in holistic health of the body and skin as a whole and enjoys educating her clients in all aspects of health and wellness. When Alisa is not in the treatment room you can find her in her art studio, exploring nature with her beloved rescue dog, Nesha, or singing, playing her guitar and performing her music at house concerts.
Licensed Medical Aesthetician
Treating acne, improving skin tone, and minimizing fine lines have always been a passion for Gabby. As a Licensed Medical Aesthetician, Gabby loves seeing the change in her clients’ skin and complexion after completing the treatment plan. Gabby has been providing Southwest Michigan with superior skin care for years. She specializes in a wide variety of services including, Acne facials, dermaplaning, chemical peels, and micro-needling (her favorite). In addition, Gabby is trained in laser hair removal and laser skin treatments.
PRP Micro-needling is by far her favorite as it significantly reduces skin scarring and improves elasticity. Gabby keeps up to date on the latest trends and studies the science behind the treatments. She understands that each client has unique needs and prides herself on creating individualized treatment plans.
Skin Care Coordinator
Front Desk Receptionist
For More Info
To find out more about your options for plastic surgery and non-surgical anti-aging options, click here to request a consultation, or call our office at 269-329-0655. To meet our patients’ needs, we have two locations to serve you: 7971 Moorsbridge in Portage or 3620 Capital Ave. SW., Suite B, Battle Creek, MI 49015.